Friday 26 October 2012

2010 update and images

By 2010 the pain had really started to ramp up.

I could no longer do the sports and activities I was used to and my back pain was starting to impact my lifestyle. I was working my physio and massage team pretty hard and we were holding back the tide, but it was inevitable that it was just a matter of time until the pain became too much. The cortisone injections weren't working as well as they had, nothing seemed to be able to reverse the degeneration of my condition.

2010 Side profile


From the image on the left, you can see the disc is sticking out a little more than in 2009 and there is more of an impact on the spinal canal and nerve roots

It's a good shot as you can see the rest of the spine is in pretty good condition. Especially the other discs. They are black on the edges (due to the harder wall of the disc) and a nice 'creamy' white in the centre which is the gel that cushions everything(see right). The L5-S1 disc is much darker and has hardly any gel left.


The top down shot on the right gives a great picture of the change since 2009. The spinal cord is crushed a little more and there white space between the disc and the facet joint is smaller. This is key, because through this space is where the nerves travel - the nerves out of here, S1 - travel down your leg and give you the leg pain we all now about.




This was the begining of a sharp decline in my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment