Saturday 27 October 2012

2012 relapse and images




After an awesome 18 months post microdiscectomy - BAM - it fell off the cliff. I had even managed to go overseas for 6 months with no drama. How the hell could this happen.
What brought me undone this time? A bad chair. Pathetic I know.

I had a training day and sat in a terrible chair for the day, I was sick with a really bad cold, was fatigued and I think I just couldn't have a decent posture. I reckon it was the straw that broke the camels back (really bad pun that). I'd come home, everything was fine and I went back to some bad old habits. I was exercising as much as I could have been and wasn't proactively taking care of my back.

I couldn't put one foot in front of the other, I couldn't walk. I could lift my legs up. The pain in my lower back was excruciating. After about 2-3 days like this, then the leg pain returned - that felling of your legs being on fire, on the inside, but cold, with my feet going numb.

Back to the Dr's - cortisone injections onto the S1 nerve root and some MRI's

It was so disappointing to see the disc protruding back out - I had just had this cut off!!! It had been so good.

In September 2012 I got in to see the neurosurgeon.



2012 scans - disc bulging out are beign trimmed off 18 months ago via micro discectomy

No comments:

Post a Comment