Wednesday 21 November 2012

Day 13 PLIF recovery

Almost 2 weeks post surgery, and everything seems to be going really well. The numbness in my right leg is dissipating, which is a great relief. The pain in my back appears to be gone, and the same for the leg pain

Scar at 13 days
I'm still surprised at my mobility. Currently doing 3 x 15 min walks a day. This is dictated by what I can do, rather than trying to stick to a time. Still problems sitting, and this is something I am avoiding. I can handle stairs ok and all personal ablutions.

I'm coming down off the meds, using less and less which is great. I'm wary of managing the pain, so still being proactive with them. Night times are fine, sleeping and easy 6-8 each night, not waking up in pain.

I'm scheduled to see the neurosurgeon on 12 December and will review the current status and discuss the way forward

Overall, I'm stoked. I'm looking forward to continuing the recovery as fast as my body allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment