Thursday 1 November 2012

Why so keen to get it done?

I must admit, there's a ulterior motive for why i am so keen to have major surgery.

I want to maximise my recovery before 20 March when my wife is due with our first bub!!


Waving
Blowing bubbles?

We are both super excited about our little bub!!

So with regards to the surgery, every day delayed is a day less of recovery. I have been in pain for a decade, managed it every way I can, had one small surgery on it already. So I know I need this oen now to take the pain away, there just aren't really any other options that I have left. So if I need it, then lets do it ASAP.

To the neurosurgeons credit, he has resisted me pushing a little bit. We have tried more cortisone injections
















Its been three months since the really big relapse and despite a lot of treatment during this time, it isn't going away. The pain is there, so I need to do something.

On the upside, I will hyper-focused on the recovery. I will do everything I can to be able to help my wife in February/March and to be able to look after my bub when he arrives. I think I will actually have to watch carefully that I don't overdo it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment