Saturday 17 November 2012

Day 8 - Home time

What a turn around, I wasn't expecting to get home until Monday, then suddenly the ambulance guys turn up, and I'm on a medical plane at 1pm. Home by 2.30pm. So glad I flew, was able to lie down the whole way, ambulances at either end for door to door pick up and drop off. Couldn't imagine sitting for over 5 hours in a car, bending and twisting in and out a dozen times at rest stops. Well worth it.


Below are a few photos of the transport home

My ride home Kingair 350 - takes 2 patients and about 6 nurses

Getting winched on board
I'm in the front bed, other stretcher in the background

2 comments:

  1. Hey man,
    I live in Canada and also have chronic back pain: ddd on disc L4-L5. And my wife and I are also expecting our first baby, due in March. My condition is not as bad as yours was, I don't get pain down my legs and for that reason I don't believe I'm getting surgery any time soon. However, I'm reading all your posts, really rooting for you mate. Hope you get better soon and that you can give hope to people out there including myself. Keep writing whenever you can, we're all out here reading your posts and rooting for you!

    Marcio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcio,

      Sorry to hear about your chronic pain. Best of luck managing this and for the baby due in March too!!

      Thanks for your support

      Delete