Thursday 15 November 2012

Day 7 PLIF Recovery

One week post surgery, and I've had my first disappointment. Nothing, medical, no increase in pain, just a failure of administration (a pretty pissy issue I admit). I was supposed to be home on Thursday or Friday. That's not the case unfortunately. The ambulance services patient transport service has been unable to get its shit together and arrange transport home.Frustrating really, made worse by poor customer service staff and no one taking responsibility or being accountable. There's plenty of compromise solutions that I can think of, jeez inefficiency pisses me off. I was really set on getting home, seeing my wife, being in my own house and really kicking off my rehabilitation.

Anyway, in the bigger picture its not a major issue. I'm in good care, can do some recovery here, there's no pressure on my wife to care for me.

I managed to walk a 400m return trip today - I needed coffee. Getting into and out of bed is getting easier. I'm moving faster and freer each day. What amazes me is the difference between my microdiscectomy in April 2011 and this fusion. At the same stage of recovery, I seem so much more ahead. Not exactly sure on why though. More pain killers? Prior knowledge helping? A better surgery? I don't know.  I do know that my recovery is still going to take a long time, that I can't get ahead of myself, that I need to be diligent on my recovery and that I can't rush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment